Thursday, August 18, 2011

Can I be pulled over and arrested solely for driving while suspended?

Last week I was pulled over in Burlington Machusetts. The cop told me that I had been pulled over for driving while suspended. There was no other reason/charge for pulling me over. I was told that my license in Machusetts had been suspended for an unpaid speeding ticket in New Hampshire. I told him I had paid the ticket & there must've have been some mistake. Nonetheless I was arrested, my license was taken and destroyed & the car was towed. I got all my paperwork stating the ticket had been paid & my record was completely clear in New Hampshire. At court yesterday I presented this to the DA & he told me to go to the RMV & get my license reinstated & the charge would be dismissed. However, this has already cost me close to $500 (towing, license reinstatement, bail & one full days work lost) & I am wondering if this was possibly a wrongful arrest.

No comments:

Post a Comment