Thursday, August 18, 2011

How do I stop my 10-year old from stealing, lying, and talking back?

I have a 10-year-old daughter who steals, lies, and talks back compulsively. Example number one. Christmas Eve we were in the grocery store shopping for Christmas dinner. After we leave I find that she has a bag of candy. She lies and says she found it under the seat. I go back into the store and not only check the packaging (which by the way was the same as what she took). I also had her talk to the manager. Embarringly enough that she had stolen something, she continued to lie and throw a fit in the store. Needless to say she had everything that my mom and dad got her for Christmas taken away. And myself I didn't get her anything. Prior to this, she got caught stealing food from my mom's house. And even proceeds to talk back to me in front of my pastors. I honestly can't take her anywhere without her getting into trouble. Last year my mom got married, and my daughter didn't even get to be in her wedding because she wouldn't stop stealing from my mom. She's stolen money from me, my sisters and her cousins. She even stole money from my sister and took it to church to put in the offering basket. The talking back is horrible. She has gotten referral after referral from her teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment