Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Can I go to jail over this?

I received a check in the mail for $2775, it was a secret shopper thing that I applied for online, when the check comes I looked up the business name on the better business bureau, and found it so i thought it was legit, so I took the check to my local bank (Trenton, Ga)....and deposited into my savings account, a couple of days later I withdrew a little of the money out.....waited almost 5 more days, checked and the money was still in there, so I withdrew the rest of it....well about 2 days later the bank calls and tells me that it's counterfeit and that I'm responsible for all the money. Well the bank works out something with me that I can pay them $150 a week on the bad check....so far I've paid $650 on it...and just lost my job, so there's no way I can afford it, I haven't been able to make a payment, I called and let them know that....that was okay....but if I'm not able to pay this off or make a payment soon.....can I go to jail over this????

No comments:

Post a Comment