Friday, August 12, 2011

Anyone here ever gone to basic while over 30 years old?

I entered the military at age 34. I was a "grandma". Depending on where you go for basic training will depend on how hard you get worked. I think the all male basic training is alot harder. I went to Fort Jackson, was in good shape, and did better than most of the younger people. If you look old, they will give you a hard time, I witnessed some older people (not myself) get abused by drill sergeants because they looked old and were out of shape. Depending on your MOS, AIT can be worse than basic. I just finished 68WM6 school (medic and nursing school), and the hardest part was definetly the medic training. They told me that AIT was going to be easy, and it kicked my behind. Anyway, sounds like you will do fine. Mental preparation is key. Good luck and thanks for volunteering. It's quite an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment